Sunday, September 16, 2012

Place Value Madness!

One of the best ways to start off math in third grade is learning all about place value. After all, you can't really add, subtract, multiply, or divide if you don't know the value of numbers. Right?!? I'm always looking for some quick ways to assess my students on different forms of numbers during our place value unit. I created a quick unit that can be used along with your curriculum resources to give students some practice with standard, word, and expanded form of numbers up to the hundred thousands. I also included a couple of games in the unit to add some fun. My students always love the popular "I Have...Who Has?" game so I created one that incorporates all three forms of numbers and can be used with a classroom of up to 25 students. I also created a quick place value memory game that can be played with 2-4 players. We always have partner games available in my class so students have something to do when they get done with an assignment early. Feel free to stop by my TPT store to download. Hope everyone is having a great start to the year!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment