Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them in your post.
5. Let them know that they have been tagged.
Okay, let's get started! 12 fun facts about myself...what if I'm not very fun? Haha...okay I'll try my very best!
- Even though I've lived in Texas for the last 16 years, I spent the first 18 years of my life as a Cali girl! I grew up in Tracy, California which is in central California. Being a Cali girl, I LOVE the beach. :)
- I grew up in a big family. I have two brothers and two sisters. I'm the second oldest in my family. :)
- I have the cutest puppy, Bela. She's a chocolate lab mix and is too cute! She's a little over a year old and I probably spoil her too much but I can't help myself. :)
- I'm an Aggie so I love Texas A&M, even if our football team hasn't done too well in the past few years. :-/ Gig Em Aggies!
- I am married to a great man named Blake. We are approaching our two year anniversary and I couldn't be happier!
- I love scrapbooking. I used to scrapbook all the time with my Cricut but blogging has taken over my spare time. I think I'm more addicted to blogging than scrapbooking now haha.
- I'm addicted to ice-cream. I love just about every flavor. I also love gelato and frozen yogurt. I try to keep that out of my house so I don't eat it 24-7 haha.
- I'm one of those that loves Starbucks. I just can't help myself sometimes. If I'm having a hard morning, a White Chocolate Mocha just makes it all better. :)
- I've taught kindergarten, first grade, and third grade. I actually love them all and wouldn't mind teaching any of them! Maybe I'll give second grade a try sometime too!
- I love baking cookies, cakes, pies, and anything else I can think of. Sometimes I bake just to bake and have to bring my baked goods to school to share with the teachers...just so my hubby and I won't eat them all!
- I'm addicted to Pinterest like everyone else out there! I use it for teaching, baking ideas, cooking, hobbies, and so much more. I have no idea what I did before Pinterest was around. It's really what got me started with blogging!
- I love reading and watching movies on my Kindle Fire I got for my birthday. I wish I had more time to just relax and pull up an ebook!
Here are Kara's questions for me...
1. If you're a "pinner", what's your favorite item you've pinned?
- My favorite item I ever pinned was the Kindle Fire when it was announced. My hubby found out I wanted one and it arrived right after my birthday when it was released.
- I absolutely love Judith Viorst. Alexander and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is still my absolute favorite book of all time.
- Tiramisu is my absolute favorite by far!
- My most memorable school moment in teaching has been when my sweet students through me a shower for my wedding. They all wrote down their favorite recipe and collected them in a recipe book that I still use. I've never seen such a sweet gesture!
- I'm a new blogger too! I'm not sure if there is any advice I could give you with being so new. I feel like I have some great ideas to share and then I forget about it. So I would encourage you to blog when you have a great idea so you can share with others!
- My favorite TV show right now is Revenge. I'm addicted.
- I have been reading different teaching and baking blogs but I'm not sure if I know the tricks yet!
- My favorite math game is still 'Around the World'. I don't use it much in my room but I loved playing that growing up. I know it's a little old school@
- I like The Fray.
- I have sewed a bit before with my mom's sewing machine and I really enjoyed it. My cousin sews and quilts and is so creative. If it's something you love to do, then do it! You can make so many things.
- I really like Lakeshore Learning. We have a store here and they have an online store too!
Here are the questions for those I tagged:
1. What is your favorite teaching blog?
2. What is your funniest teaching moment?
3. If you could teach any topic, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. What was your best lesson you've ever taught?
6. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
7. What's your favorite digital tool you use with your kids?
8. What was your favorite moment in school growing up?
9. What is your favorite read aloud book?
10. What is your favorite dessert of all time?
11. What's the best "teaching" book you've ever read?
12. Do you Pin? If so, what's your favorite Pinterest pin?
TAG! You're it!
- Miss Janes @ Miss Third Grade
- Kristen @ Ladybug Teacher Files
- Lesson Plan Teachers @ Lesson Plan SOS
- Tracey @ Our Cool School
- Jen @ Runde’s Room
- Annie @ Teaching Blog Addict
- Julie @ Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher
- Rachelle @ What The Teacher Wants
- Mrs. Randall @ Mrs. Randall’s Learning Library
- Christie @ Teaching in Flip Flops
- Abby @ The Inspired Apple
- Amber @ Me and My Gang